In the race to replace former Assemblyman Bob Blumenfield, Democrat Matt Dababneh and Republican Susan Shelley emerged as the top two vote-getters in a field of 11 on Sept. 17.
Both secured about a quarter of the vote. Dababneh, an aide to Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Sherman Oaks, bested several other Democrats. Shelley, a constitutional scholar, easily eclipsed fellow Republican Chris Kolski.
The two will now face off in a November 19 general election. Assembly District 45 – West San Fernando Valley (now includes the city of Calabasas)
Previous report published on August 5, 2013
There will be a special election to fill Bob Blumenfield’s seat on September 17, 2013, with a likely November 19, 2013 runoff.
- Armineh Chelebian (Republican) – Accountant/Political Consultant
- Dennis DeYoung (Democrat) – Businessman/Financial Consultant
- Jeff Ebenstein (Democrat) – Councilmember’s Valley Director
- Elizabeth Badger (Democrat) – CEO/Business Owner
- Dan McCrory (Democrat) – Businessman
- Andra Hoffman (Democrat) – California Government Teacher
- Susan Shelley (Republican) – Author/Publisher
- Chris Kolski (Republican) – Professional Engineer/Educator
- Eric Lewis (No Party Preference) – Neighborhood Council President
- Damian Carroll (Democrat) – Council Policy Analyst
- Matt Dababneh (Democrat) – Congressman’s District Director